These decadent praline shortbread cookies, delicately topped with Elan organic raw almonds, are a delight for your family and your guests to enjoy. Plus, with vegan dark chocolate thrown into the mix, who could resist? Share your recipe images with us!
Servings: 16 cookies
- 1 ¾ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour mix
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup margarine, cold
- ⅓ cup Elan Organic Raw Almonds, roughly chopped
- ½ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup vegan 70% dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Place a wire rack on a baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, margarine, and sugar with a large fork, until crumbly. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper while the dough rests.
- To shape the cookies, take 2 tbsp of dough and form a small disk. Repeat 16 times. Press a finger into the center of each cookie and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Bake cookies for 40-45 minutes. Cool completely on the baking sheet.
- To make praline, place almond butter and maple syrup in a microwave-safe bowl, heat for 45 seconds in a microwave and stir to combine. Spoon the mixture in the wells of the cookies. Top with chopped almonds and set for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave and pour onto a plate. Dip the base of each cookie into the chocolate and rest on the wired rack to set.