Made with Elan organic Deglet Nour pitted dates, raw pecans and raw walnuts, this unique recipe will wow your guests and loved ones. It makes for a delicious sweet and savory dessert, as well as a filling snack. Share your recipe images with us!
- 4 bags Elan Organic Deglet Nour Pitted Dates
- 1 bag Elan Organic Raw Pecans
- 1 bag Elan Organic Raw Walnuts
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 orange pekoe tea bags
- Preheat oven to 250 °F and line a non-stick loaf pan with parchment paper. Cut a piece of cardboard that fits snugly into the loaf pan and wrap tightly with aluminum foil.
- In a bowl, pour the boiling water and add the tea bags. Brew for 10 minutes and discard them.
- Cut the dates in half and soak in the brewed tea for 30 minutes. Drain the dates and sieve.
- In the loaf pan, layer the dates and sprinkle with walnuts and pecans, until the pan is full. Place the loaf pan on a baking sheet. Press the aluminum foil covered cardboard firmly on top. Place 2 cans with labels removed on top to weigh down the lid and bake for 4 hours.
- Remove from the oven and cool overnight on the kitchen counter without removing the lid or cans. Once cool, remove the cans and lid, place on a plate and refrigerate uncovered until ready to serve.