Elan raw cashews are vibrant and buttery so no other oils are required to provide a dairy free cream cheese texture! In this recipe, nutritional yeast adds a distinct cheesy flavour. We have provided additional recipes using this recipe as a base. Share your recipe images with us!
• 1 kg raw cashews
• 2 liters filtered water
• 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 bunch chives
• 1 bunch dill
• 1tsp red pepper flakes
• 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1. Soak cashews in water for 48 hours.
2. Drain and reserve liquid, if desired, for nut milk. Blend with water, nutritional yeast, salt and lemon juice in small batches in a high-powered blender, until the mixture is smooth and there are no lumps or chunks.
3. Shape into 3 rounds, 6 inches in diameter.
4. Fine chop 1 bunch ea. chives and dill, mix with red chili flakes.
5. Coat each round of cheese with the herb mixture.