This treat inspired by Peruvian cooking is bright in color, unique, and flavorful all at once. Made with Elan organic prunes, apricots, and mangoes, our mazamorra morada will take you on a culinary trip where delight awaits. Share your recipe images with us!
- 6 cups water
- 2 apples, cored and chopped
- 1 can pineapple chunks in juice (4 oz)
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 4 cloves
- ½ cup Elan Organic Pitted Prunes
- ¼ cup Elan Organic Sun-Dried Apricots
- ¼ cup Elan Organic Mango Slices
- 3 tbsp tapioca starch
- 2 tbsp purple corn powder
- 2 limes, juice only
- 1 cup cane sugar
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon powder, for garnish
- In a stock pot, add 5 ½ cups water, reserving ½ cup. Bring the water to a boil and add sugar, cinnamon sticks, apples, pineapple (with juice), and cloves. Simmer this mix for 1 ½ hours.
- In a bowl, add the purple corn powder and corn starch. Whisk with the reserved ½ cup of water to create a thickening slurry. Gradually mix the slurry into the stock pot, whisking to prevent lumps from forming. Then, add the apricots, mango slices, and pitted prunes and cook for an additional 40 minutes, stirring often.
- Once the mixture has a pudding-like consistency, remove the cloves and cinnamon sticks and take the pot off the heat.
- Allow to cool for 2 hours before adding the fresh lime juice. Ladle the pudding into serving bowls and serve cold, garnished with cinnamon powder.