Nut and Cranberry Mendiants
Inspired by a classic French recipe, our mendiants are made with Elan organic almonds, hazelnuts, pistachios, and cranberries, as well as rich dark chocolate. These treats make a pretty decoration for dessert plates, but they’re also delicious on their own. Share your recipe images with us!
Servings: 20-24 mendiants
- 2 cups vegan 70% dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp fleur de sel
- ¼ cup Elan Organic Raw Almonds
- ¼ cup Elan Organic Raw Hazelnuts
- ¼ cup Elan Organic Pistachio Kernels
- ¼ cup Elan Organic Dried Cranberries
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the chocolate on high for 30 seconds. Stir the chocolate and heat for another 30 seconds. Stir and heat for 10 seconds more. Rest chocolate for 90 seconds.
- Line 3 sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Spoon 1 tbsp of chocolate at a time onto the parchment paper and top with nuts, coconut, dried cranberries, and fleur de sel. Repeat until the sheet pans are full (7 to 8 per pan).
- Tap the sheet pan against a countertop to spread the mendiants evenly. Rest for a minimum of 2 hours at room temperature before serving.
Leave a comment