Indulge in the warm embrace of a cozy pecan pie! This classic dessert captures the essence of autumn with each slice. With a perfect blend of crunchy pecans, sweet filling, and a buttery crust, you won’t get enough of this timeless favorite!
- 1 cup organic coconut palm sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups agave or maple syrup
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup butter or plant-based butter
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups Elan Organic Raw Pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 unbaked deep dish pie shell
- In a saucepan, boil sugar and syrup together for 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs lightly and slowly pour the syrup mixture into the eggs, stirring constantly.
- Strain the mixture to make sure it's smooth and lump free (optional).
- Stir in butter (it will melt when stirred into a warm mixture), vanilla, and pecans. Pour into the crust.
- Bake in a 350°F preheated oven for about 45 to 60 minutes or until set.