Made with Elan Organic Ancient Black Rice, this sushi offers a unique look and great flavor. It can be fun to prepare with friends or family members, with who you can then enjoy this succulent meal. Share your recipe images with us!
Servings: 4 (2 rolls per serving)
Rice base ingredients:
- 1 ½ cups Elan Organic Ancient Black Rice, uncooked
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp light miso paste
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan and cook on medium-high heat until rice is tender and water has evaporated. Remove from heat and cover. Cool completely.
Sweet potato ingredients:
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced in medium cubes
- 1 sheet kombu
- 1 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 liters water
- Add all ingredients, except sweet potatoes, to a large saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Once bubbling, carefully remove the kombu sheet and discard. Add sweet potatoes and cook until tender.
- Drain water and cool completely.
Vegan ginger and lime aioli ingredients:
- ¼ cup Elan Organic Raw Cashews
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp fine Mediterranean sea salt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 3 tbsp, rapeseed oil
- In a food processor, blend all ingredients together.
- ½ courgette, diced in small cubes
- 1 avocado, diced in small cubes
- 1 bunch mint, picked
- 1 container pea shoots
- 1 lime, quarters
- 8 nori sheets
Method for rolling:
- Prepare a rolling mat by laying it flat on a chopping board and placing a piece of cling film on top. Put a nori sheet in the center of the mat.
- Spoon two tablespoons of rice horizontally across the closest edge of the nori sheet. Top rice with sweet potato, courgette, avocado and picked mint.
- Firmly grasp the cling film and rolling mat, gently rolling towards self, keeping the roll tight and ensuring to unstick the cling film in the process. When one inch of nori remains untucked, brush with water and squeeze to seal.
- Place the finished roll on a chopping board and repeat steps 1 to 3 until 8 rolls are completed. With a sharp knife, slice each roll into 6 pieces and lay on a serving plate.
- Garnish with pea shoots and drizzle generously with ginger and lime aioli. Place lime segments on the side.